Acumen Engineering is a Singapore-based company distributing branded engineering plastics, specialty compounds, plastic commodities and rubber products. Acumen’s main markets are Automotive and E&E, and it works with a broad network of petrochemical producers to offer a one-stop shop solution to its customers.
- Leading Distributor
- 90 employees
- SEA & Greater China
- 14 Offices
- 21 Warehouses
Acumen became part of the Ravago Group in 2012, and has since been expanding its presence over Asia. Today, the Acumen group has offices and warehousing facilities in Singapore, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Philippines.
Focusing on strategic partnerships with global manufacturers, Acumen continues to grow in the Asian market, especially in the Automotive, Medical and E&E markets. Suppliers are able to bank on Acumen’s strong clientele network and reputation to push their products to the users.
Combining good business acumen with apt product knowledge, Acumen’s focus is to forge close customer relationships and build long-term partnerships by offering unbiased solutions, just-in time deliveries, cost-competitive alternatives and being a good listener to the needs of customers.
Acumen Engineering has more than 16 years presence in Asia, with 14 offices and 21 warehouses located across Singapore, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Philippines.
- Acumen Engineering was established in April 2000 in Singapore
- New office established in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Representative office established in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Expand operations to Penang, Malaysia (Acumen Kinetic)
- Begins operations in Shanghai, China
- Ranked 226th on Singapore’s SME500 listing. An award to recognise the top 500 small medium enterprise in Singapore
- Moved up the rung to emerge 121st on the Singapore SME listing
- Engaged Mimosa Commercial as sales agent for Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Winner of Singapore Enterprise 50 and ranked 40th
- Attained ISO 9001:2000 certification
- Liaison office established in Chennai, India
- Winner of Singapore Enterprise 50 and ranked 29th
- Winner of Singapore Enterprise 50 for the 3rd consecutive year and ranked 34th
- Acumen begins to offer eco-friendly solutions with Lavergne's regenerated materials and Symphony Environmental’s oxo-biodegradable d2w additives
- Acumen celebrates its 10 years Anniversary
- New office established in Guangzhou, China
- Expands in China with the establishment of Chongqing and Wuhan offices
- Participates for the 6th time in Chinplas 2012, Asia’s largest plastic and rubber exhibition
- Acumen is acquired by Ravago SA in Sept 2012
- New office established in Zhengzhou, China
- Acumen adds HCMC, Vietnam to its SEA geographical coverage.
- Distributor of Exxonmobil’s ICP PP resins and Propylene based elastomers
- Sales office established in Bangkok, Thailand
- Distributor of Dow’s HAO and HDPE injection moulding grades
- In process of setting up Myanmar Representative Office
- Acumen participates for the 10th time in Chinaplas, and is now branded under the Ravago Asia name.
- Attained distributorship status with Ineos Styrolution (Philippines)
- Acumen believes that good people is the pillar of the company. You are guaranteed the best service as all our offices are staffed with the best people from the industry; all polymer trained and experienced to help you with your every need. Our team of responsive customer service personnel will see through your orders to ensure smooth and timely delivery.
- Acumen Engineering is ISO9001 certified
- We offer the full spectrum of products from commodities to branded engineering plastics to rubber and elastomers. Acumen has the solution for every plastic and rubber application
- Through our extensive global network of suppliers, you will be sure to be able to source for the most cost effective solutions through us
- Material selection and alternative product offering not biased to a single source. We work with a wide range of suppliers to find a solution for all your needs
- We offer the most flexible logistic service. We can do delivery from one bag to full container loads. Acumen have warehousing facilities spread across the region, and is able to offer just-in-time delivery and inventory management services